These questions and answers aim to give you a better understanding of the relationship between Yarra City Council, Yarra Energy Foundation (YEF), the Provider (Eko Energy) and you.
1. What is Yarra Energy Foundation's role in this project?
Over the duration of the Yarra Solar Bulk Buy program, YEF will act as a coordinator on behalf of residents to ensure they are offered high quality products at a bulk-buy price. Through a rigorous evaluation process, we have selected a reputable provider. We have made this offer available for a limited period, and are here to provide independent advice to the homeowner as they embark on their solar journey.
2. What was the selection criteria for identifying a preferred provider?
To select the preferred supplier YEF considered the following:
- Capacity (company longevity and experience)
- Product quality and warranties
- Community contributions
In addition, the following requirements were evaluated:
- Supplier insurances
- Professional reference checks and customer reviews
- Clean Energy Council membership
- Industry accreditations and memberships
- Staff qualifications and training
3. Who carries out the actual installation?
The Yarra Solar Bulk Buy is committed to supporting local solar installers. For this reason, Eko Energy will endeavour to contract solar installers from within Melbourne for this program.
4. Who is responsible for my contract for installation and maintenance?
Eko Energy is responsible for the installation, services, products and maintenance subject to the terms of your supplier contract. Yarra Energy Foundation is not responsible for these matters, but is available to respond to any questions you may have about the offer.
5. What are the obligations of the Supplier?
The terms of your individual contract will outline the obligations of Eko Energy.
6. What are my obligations as a registrant? What if I change my mind?
If you have registered your interest and received a final quotation, but have changed your mind, you have no obligation to proceed with the installation of solar PV systems. However, once you have decided to proceed with the final quotation by making a deposit/signing a contract, your agreement will be with Eko Energy and not with the Yarra Energy Foundation or Yarra City Council. If you change your mind after entering into a contract with the supplier, you will need to discuss this with Eko Energy. YEF is not responsible for these matters.
7. What happens if I am dissatisfied with the performance of Eko's Energy during the installation and maintenance process?
Depending on your individual contract with Eko Energy, your options will vary. You should discuss your concerns directly with Eko Energy. Although YEF is not part of your individual supplier contract, if at any time during the installation and maintenance of your solar PV systems, the supplier has not provided products and services as agreed and you are not satisfied with their response to your concerns, you should contact YEF and we will take reasonable endeavours to help you overcome any issues with the supplier.
8. What can I do about heritage overlays on my house?
Solar systems and heritage overlays
For properties that are in a heritage overlay, a planning permit is needed if the proposed solar system would be visible from a street or public park. Where there is no reasonable alternative location, solar panels may be visible but should be sensitively designed. You can check if your property is in a heritage overlay via the Victorian Government’s Land Channel. If you require a permit, refer to Yarra’s ‘Guide to solar panels on residential buildings’. If you need further advice on whether you require a planning permit, please contact the City of Yarra’s Planning Department, on 9205 5373 or email email@example.com.
9. I am worried about my personal information being used. What will be done with it?
YEF will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except for the purpose of putting you in contact with Eko Energy. We will not use your personal information for external marketing purposes without your consent.
10. Can I read the Terms and Conditions of this offer?
Please do! You can find them here.
11. I have further questions. Who should I talk to?
YEF is here to help – give us a call on 1300 866 634 with any questions you may have.